Old 07-04-2011, 05:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default TV/Orchids

I saw just the last few seconds of a rerun of Law and Order: SVU in
which the bad guy was caught by leaving a pollen trace on his victim.
A single grain of pollen from C. gigas 'Fermin Lambeau'. Leaving
aside the impossibility of tracking a single grain of pollen from
something that is usually enclosed in a sac, and the fact that there
isn't a know sample of C warsciewiczii 'Fermin Lambeau' to use as a
comparison sample, and the fact the actor completely mauled the
pronunciation, I thought it was pretty cool to use an orchid as the
hook that caught the baddie. The only other instance I can think of
is the use of osmunda fiber in the movie 'In the Heat of the Night'.

The AOS website has a great article about C warsciewiscii 'Fermin
Lambeau' written by Ernest Hetherington. I found it googling 'gigas
fermin lambeau'.

K Barrett

Orchids - Orchids!idx001.jpg (1/1) Internetado[_2_] Orchid Photos 0 06-11-2011 11:22 PM
Orchids - The fabulous world of Orchids report Kelly Orchids 2 31-08-2004 03:02 PM
growing orchids outside = burned orchids? Lil Orchids 5 18-07-2003 04:52 PM
super tough orchids profpam Orchids 3 28-01-2003 01:44 AM
Preserving and drying orchids. Howard Orchids 0 28-01-2003 12:54 AM