GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   KeikiGrow...What am I doing wrong? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/20158-keikigrow-what-am-i-doing-wrong.html)

Gene Schurg 03-05-2003 12:56 AM

KeikiGrow...What am I doing wrong?

I got some Keiki Grow a couple of months ago. I put it on a couple of phal
buds (both terminal buds and side shoots). I followed the instructions. I
did this in about a dozen places.

In every case the dormant buds became flower buds. Is there a time that
makes plants and not flowers when these hormones are spread on the bud?

Puzzled in Virginia,
Gene

Bob Walsh 03-05-2003 05:56 PM

KeikiGrow...What am I doing wrong?

Sort of a related question.

I have a Phal sogo grape with two keikies. Leaves on both are one about 2"
long and one about 1" long.
Nubbins for roots.

Do the roots come later or should they be growing at the same time, or
should I do something to stimulate root growth. If stimulate what do I do?

Bob

Ray @ First Rays Orchids 03-05-2003 08:44 PM

KeikiGrow...What am I doing wrong?

If the roots are starting, they'll be fine. Jim Brasch also has a product,
Keiki-Root, for recalcitrants. It's just a rooting hormone in lanolin, if I
recall correctly.

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com