GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Orchids CD from MhltiMedia Publishing (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/20272-re-orchids-cd-mhltimedia-publishing.html)

K Barrett 03-05-2003 05:56 PM

Orchids CD from MhltiMedia Publishing

Good question. I'd be interested in hearing any one's thoughts too.

K Barrett

"Gideon Singer" wrote in message
Anyone have any experience with Orchids CD from MöhltiMedia
Publishing?

ARIET B 05-05-2003 07:08 AM

Orchids CD from MhltiMedia Publishing

Yes, I got one for Christmas. My computer was too full to do a complete
install of it- then I got a new computer, and you all know that takes up a
bunch of time, gertting everything going again - on a different platform.
Then the work piled up and then THAT had be taken care of. ('T'aint one thing,
tis another)
MY experience, in a nutshell:
The 50,000 pictures are generally of that nice man's greenhouse and his
orchids. Not formal portraits.
Yes, he is a nice man, and most anxious to help, etc.
I found a little steeper "learning curve" for his Database, than I had
anticipated. Haven't got enough on it to practice using all the features. I am
sure, again, you can all relate to the fact that it is a heck of a lot easier
to keep using your old programs, than to learn a new one. I regret that I have
just not had enough experience with it -yet- to be able to comment more
intelligently. I do intend to follow up on it, as soon as I can forsee a few
hours of non-interrupted concentration.

Hope to hear from some others about their reactions to it.
Elinor