Old 26-02-2003, 10:53 AM
TU

Default Dracula vampira (was Time to fess up - What the most you've paid?)

"sneff" wrote in message ...
This may be slightly off topic - as I didn't buy the orchid in question -
but I visited Royales Orchids, north of Sydney last week, and saw a
breath-taking Dracula vampira 'lugosi'. It was about 15 cm high, and full of
healthy foliage, and sported 4 big, close to black blooms.

How much?

$350.00 Au

I settled for a Masdevallia Marguerite 'Royale' instead, with one perky
orange and magenta bloom. Price? Eleven bucks.

Sneff, that's a lot $$$. How big was the vampira?
I bought one just over 12 months ago for a lot less, and it has
doubled in size since. There're now 3 spikes, and I'm looking forward
to see the flowers.
Does anyone know how long the bloom will last?

TU
Old 27-02-2003, 11:51 AM
sneff

TU,

The Dracula was roughly 15cm high, and 15cm across - in a square basket. I
have read that vampira blooms can grow to over 20cm in length, but these
ones were closer to 10cm. I'm not sure how long the blooms last - but
hopefully soon you can tell us yourself!

sneff

m...

Old 02-03-2003, 09:05 AM
TU

Sneff, thanks for info.
The spikes are only about 12cm long, looks like it'll be another month
or so before bloom. Let's hope all is well till then.

T.U

"sneff" wrote in message ...
TU,

The Dracula was roughly 15cm high, and 15cm across - in a square basket. I
have read that vampira blooms can grow to over 20cm in length, but these
ones were closer to 10cm. I'm not sure how long the blooms last - but
hopefully soon you can tell us yourself!

sneff

"TU" wrote in message
m...
Sneff, that's a lot $$$. How big was the vampira?
I bought one just over 12 months ago for a lot less, and it has
doubled in size since. There're now 3 spikes, and I'm looking forward
to see the flowers.
Does anyone know how long the bloom will last?

TU

All I wanted was a Dracula Vampira...but I can't find a vendor! Sinister Orchids 5 01-06-2004 09:05 PM
dracula vampira agnatha3141 Orchids 7 18-11-2003 10:02 AM
fess up- how many do you have? (on a lighter note...) Diane Mancino Orchids 3 20-07-2003 11:08 PM
fess up- how many do you have? (on a lighter note...) Diane Mancino Orchids 0 20-07-2003 12:57 AM
Time to fess up - What the most you've paid? Rob Halgren Orchids 24 27-02-2003 03:53 AM