Old 06-05-2003, 03:21 AM
Paulo

Default Brassia

Hi everyone....My Brassia is flowering at this time..beatiful! But i am
wondering, what should i do as soon as the last flower died? Do they need a
resting period with less watering? Even during summer? Is it possible to
hava a new spike and more flowers during summer? Even i am waondering if
right now, while flowering i should water less? The pseudobulbs look litttle
shrink already...

Thanks

Paulo

Old 06-05-2003, 03:56 AM
Gene Schurg

Paulo,

None of my brassias rest. They seem to grow all year around but much slower
when the days are short. I treat them the same all the time. Of course I
water less when the weather is cool (winter).

They can bloom multiple times a year. When a pseudobulb matures they bloom.

After the bloom dies you should see a new bulb sprouting from the base.

Good Growing,
Gene

.. .

Old 07-05-2003, 03:20 AM
Paulo

Thanks Gene....it is mean, any new flowers spike will come from new
pseudobulbs......I guess this is applicable to any orchids with
pseudobulbs.....?

Thanks again

Paulo

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
Paulo,

None of my brassias rest. They seem to grow all year around but much

slower
when the days are short. I treat them the same all the time. Of course I
water less when the weather is cool (winter).

They can bloom multiple times a year. When a pseudobulb matures they

bloom.

After the bloom dies you should see a new bulb sprouting from the base.

Good Growing,
Gene

.. .

brassia Steve & Erin Orchids 2 05-03-2004 01:02 PM
brassia Steve & Erin Orchids 2 05-03-2004 01:49 AM
Brassia observation Robert Dickow Orchids 0 07-09-2003 05:45 AM
Brassia question Alison Orchids 1 06-08-2003 05:12 AM
Largest Brassia species? Pete Orchids 7 21-03-2003 07:20 PM