Old 08-05-2003, 09:56 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default Eulophia guineensis Q.

All,

Near as I can tell from research, this is a terrestrial. I know someone out
there posted a picture in abpo. What medium do you use?

It's on my "wish list" for Redlands next week.......

Diana

Old 09-05-2003, 03:20 AM
Ray Lloyd

I bought one from Tropic 1 Orchids about a year ago. It is potted in a light
soil mix, with perlite and something else (not sure what) added. Mine has
two new growths coming on it and seems to be doing fine. This one also dies
back during the winter, so you will have what looks like an empty pot for a
while.

Hope this helps.
Ray Lloyd

rthlink.net...

Old 09-05-2003, 04:56 AM
femalestrom

I was the one who posted the pic. I have mine in coconut
fiber. Kept really on the dry side. As Ray says.. they do
loose their leaves in the winter..actually.. if you search on
my name and eulophia I think I posted here early this year
when it mine started to drop leaves. I was slightly alarmed
because I would have thought they should have dropped
much earlier. So while there is a good chance you will see
an empty pot for a while, it could turn out to be only a
couple of months like mine. Either way.. a very fun orchid.

Crystal

--
http://home.attbi.com/~xtals/orchid.htm