Old 09-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Tamra Eastman

Default ctsm follow-up

Hello all: Early last fall I wrote in regarding my Ctsm tenebrosum that
refused to go dormant. Many wrote in saying to let it have its way. I did
just that, though I reduced watering and fertilizer. It sent up a new
growth in late winter and then to my surprise threw up a spike. I am
currently waiting for it to develop. This will be the first time it has
spiked for me.

I do have another question. I have an Encyclia vitellina. It does very
well for me, spiking in fall and in spring. My problem is that the leaf
tips are constantly burning (if thats the right word). I grow this plant in
moss. It is under florescent light through the winter and in a bright spot
in my sunroom for the rest of the year. I did find that I had to increase
light in order to get better blooms. The flowers are gorgeous but this
plant is just plain ugly when not in bloom, what with its brown tipped
leaves and bald-headed backbulbs. Is this just the nature of the beast?

Tamra

Ctsm.Splendens tenman Orchid Photos 0 13-11-2008 09:16 PM
Ctsm incurvum K Barrett Orchids 3 21-10-2008 04:23 PM
Ctsm Grace Dunn v_coerulea Orchid Photos 0 29-03-2008 10:37 PM
Ctsm Grace Dunn x2 V_coerulea Orchid Photos 0 13-01-2008 12:12 PM
Anoles/Geckos in the Greenhouse - Follow Up Gene Schurg Orchids 5 15-02-2003 07:03 AM