GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How to handle orchids in water. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/215209-how-handle-orchids-water.html)

Area Man 18-02-2018 04:48 AM

How to handle orchids in water.

A friend just gave me a glass bowl which was a table centerpiece from a banquet. It contains two orchids sitting in water with pebbles. I haven't lifted them out yet, so I don't know if they have any stem at all, but the pebbles are only about 2 in deep. Assuming there's a bit of stem, can orchids be kept alive this way? Here's a link to a photo. Yes, that's an artichoke at bottom left. Crazy florist!

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/1wpt18v0p...5WpF6DfmeZsnua

Steve[_2_] 02-04-2018 07:27 PM

On 2/17/2018 10:48 PM, Area Man wrote:
A friend just gave me a glass bowl which was a table centerpiece from a banquet. It contains two orchids sitting in water with pebbles. I haven't lifted them out yet, so I don't know if they have any stem at all, but the pebbles are only about 2 in deep. Assuming there's a bit of stem, can orchids be kept alive this way? Here's a link to a photo. Yes, that's an artichoke at bottom left. Crazy florist!

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/1wpt18v0p...5WpF6DfmeZsnua

I didn't open your link. I started to, but stopped when it prompted me
to download.
If you really are interested in orchid water culture, there are at least
2 or 3 facebook groups dedicated to orchid water culture. FWC = full
water culture. They can answer questions there.
If you reply, reply to the group. I will never see you if you send
anything directly to my e-mail.