Old 10-05-2003, 07:32 PM
gal

Default copper contaminated water

Hello,

I would like to start using condensation water of my air condition
unit. I know the pipes are made of copper and I know that in theory
this is bad for the plants however I was wondering how much copper
actually goes into the water and is it really at high enough level to
cause damage.

So here is the question – Has anyone tried using condensed water out
of copper pipes and what was the result?

Regards

Gal
Old 11-05-2003, 04:45 PM
Ray @ First Rays Orchids

Most of the condensation comes from the fins attached to the copper pipe
that contains the refrigerant, and most of the time, they're aluminum.

There can be aluminum toxicity in plants, but I believe that depends on the
pH of the solution being way off from where we use it for plants.

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com

om...

Bark contaminated ? TRAINMAN9 Orchids 14 17-01-2004 02:32 AM
fun for phyto-remediation sceptics: lead contaminated soil and spinach Edible Gardening 2 08-01-2004 11:32 PM
fun for phyto-remediation sceptics: lead contaminated soil and Steve Edible Gardening 0 07-01-2004 04:32 AM
Contaminated maize meal withdrawn from sale David Kendra sci.agriculture 0 16-09-2003 03:20 AM
contaminated ground? PA United Kingdom 13 21-07-2003 06:55 PM