Old 10-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Noela

Default Cattleyas - by newbie

My white cat. has bloomed in time for our Australian Mother's day. I was
visiting a friend yesterday and her cat. has also bloomed. However, I was
puzzled by the fact that she has used tea bags packed around the base of her
plant.
1. Are tea bags good for cats and what do they do.
2. What is the correct pronunciation of cattleya? I hear some calling
them cattle-ay-a and others saying cat-leah. To be on the safe side I call
them cats, lol.

Thanks and Happy Mother's Day to all the Mums on this site.
Regards
Sno

Old 10-05-2003, 09:56 PM
K Barrett

The tea bags acidify the medium, some say the tannic acid is good for the
roots [shrug] I don't know about that, but the plant likes a medium just a
tad on the acidic side rather than the opposite (basic)

The plant is named after a fellow named Willian Cattley so just add an 'a'
sound to the end of his name and you got it. Cattley-a [cat-leah]

K Barrett

. ..

American Cattleyas K Barrett Orchids 0 01-09-2004 03:58 PM
Black spots on Cattleyas Orchidguy Orchids 1 04-07-2004 11:05 PM
Cattleyas for sale Sydney Australia stuart henry Orchids 3 11-04-2004 05:02 AM
Standard Cattleyas and Better Species germ Orchids 4 02-08-2003 08:22 PM
Source for the following cattleyas and laelias... Bonnie Yee Orchids 2 22-05-2003 01:44 AM