Old 11-05-2003, 11:08 AM
stuie stuie

Default ebay scam

Dont you know a rare variety when you see it??
Sent a email to ask them for further details.Cant wait for a reply!
Stuart
"Jonathan Phua" wrote in message
Hi,
Look at this

.
There's a new variety of paph roth with MOTTLED leaves. How amusing can

this
get!!!

Jonathan

Old 11-05-2003, 02:56 PM
stuie stuie

Recieved this note from the seller.Seems they didnt get what they originally
paid for,,,,,,,,,

We purchased it from I think the grower was called ###### and that is how

they sold it to us. That's all I know for sure.

I deleted the growers name to avoid any slures on anybodies reputation.
Stuart

wrote:

Hi There
Are you sure that the plant you are selling is a roth?
Roth dosent have mottled leaves.Could it be a hybrid with roth as one
parent?
Regards
Stuart

Old 11-05-2003, 03:56 PM
MD

that is pathetic! Ebay is such a joke. Too bad they are not held for some
responsibility in these type of issues...some book sellers there are even
worse.

MD

Old 11-05-2003, 04:20 PM
Susan Erickson

Ebay can be held responsible to the point of your getting what
was described... Now you have to prove the two terms are mutually
exclusive of each other. You can challenge his merchandize to
Ebay and ask that the scam be closed. Sometimes they do react.
that is pathetic! Ebay is such a joke. Too bad they are not held for some
responsibility in these type of issues...some book sellers there are even
worse.
MD

SuE
Old 11-05-2003, 10:08 PM
stuie stuie

Looks like it was an honest mistake . Just recieved this from the seller.
Thanks again for the info. We have revised the ad and cut the price in

half.

STUART

Old 11-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Diana Kulaga

Caveat emptor.

Old 12-05-2003, 12:08 AM
Gene Schurg

AMAZING....it grew 2 inches since this morning. When I first looked it was
a 10" leaf span.

I emailed the seller too and told him it wasn't a pure roth. I also told
him a roth needs to be quite large before blooming so that plant had a
couple of years before it will bloom.

It grew 2 inches in less than a day....at that rate it will bloom before the
next weekend!

Gene

Old 13-05-2003, 02:08 AM
Karen

Gene Schurg wrote:
AMAZING....it grew 2 inches since this morning. When I first looked it was
a 10" leaf span.

I emailed the seller too and told him it wasn't a pure roth. I also told
him a roth needs to be quite large before blooming so that plant had a
couple of years before it will bloom.

It grew 2 inches in less than a day....at that rate it will bloom before the
next weekend!

Gene

Does Ebay have a fraud department? The seller should be reported.
Karen

MAKE THOUSANDS FAST!!! NOT A SCAM, I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A SCAM Rico Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 03-09-2010 03:22 AM
ebay scam Jonathan Phua Orchids 0 16-05-2003 08:32 AM
Scam, rip off, whatever Marksfish Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 05:20 AM
OT, Daily mail scam cash prize game? Even more OT :-(( Mike United Kingdom 0 09-02-2003 06:49 PM
OT, Daily mail scam cash prize game? Gareth United Kingdom 3 08-02-2003 03:43 PM