Old 13-05-2003, 02:32 PM
Siew Hong

Default Den Aggregatum syn Den Lindleyii

Dear Wendy

Many thanks

I will re-post onto the group

Yes... The tag should properly read as Den lindleyii syn. Den aggregatum

The temperature range in northern Thailand vary from 28C to 34C in the day
dropping to 8C to 15C at night. Den lindleyii comes from heights of about
300m to 1000m and so can be classified as an intermediate to warm grower. We
have difficulty flowering them in Singapore because of the high night time
temperature. We resort to cling wrapping the plants and tossing them in the
fridge at night (no kidding!!)

As for Den Jenkinsii, I am not familiar with this plant because it
apparently comes from the Indian subcontinent, near Burma. I have seen the
plant in cultivation but not in flower. According to some growers like Bur
Leigh Park in Australia, it is supposed to be a variety of Den lindleyii
because they are structurally similar but smaller. That may very well be
the case. The plants in Dendrobium Section Callista tend to be very similar
in structure and growth habit and flower shape. I personally like them a
lot but find them frustrating because they are so challenging.

Siew Hong

On 5/12/03 10:33 PM, Wendy wrote:

Hello Siew, Thank you ever so much for the information on this plant.
Did you post this to the group & MD as they were his photo's?
I actually have two of these plants & the one has (syn. Jenkinsii)???
The naming of orchids is confusing to me, I just try to grow them *g*
How should the tags read? Den. lindleyii (syn. aggregatum)?
What would the temps be in the highlands of N. Thailand?
I can ask questions forever!
Will attach my photo which bloomed in July, I think?
Thanks again, keep in touch,
Cheers Wendy
Den.lindleyii GrlIntrpted Orchids 4 11-04-2004 08:03 PM
Mounting a Den lindleyi (aggregatum) PIETER ZUYDERVLIET Orchids 0 28-01-2003 12:22 AM