Old 19-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Dicky

Default Help me!!!

Dear everyone,
I have a paphiopedilum called armeniacum. There are
three young runners. The small, bottom leaves became brown. Besides, the old
runner which had flower before became brown too. What is this?

--
---

If you love orchids, don't wait! Visit this website to get more advantages.
http://hk.geocities.com/dicky_paphiopedilum/

Old 19-05-2003, 04:20 PM
K Barrett

Salt build up? Switch to watering that one with the purest water you can
buy. See if that changes it.

K Barrett

Old 20-05-2003, 03:44 AM
mg

Could be. Could also be over-fertilization or root rot. Hard to say
without more information.

Old 20-05-2003, 04:08 AM
Gene Schurg

Dicky,

It may also be the normal way this plant grows. You really need to give
more detail about the plant.

The fan that flowered previously will slowly die from the bottom up. That
may explain the old growth.

This type of paph grows by runners like you said. I have seen the lowest
and smallest leaf turn brown and fall off but the remainder of the fan looks
good. Do the rest of the leaves look healthy? Are they significantly
larger than the leaf that is turning brown?

If you could post a picture that may help too. It could be something or it
could be nothing.

Good Growing,
Gene

Old 23-05-2003, 01:08 AM
Diane Mancino

Would your paph possibly be a Paph callosum cross? Mine has yellow bottom
leaves but is blooming and seems healthy. Normal color has the mottled
leaves. Another paph collector said all of his paph callosum crosses seemed
to get yellow leaves, while others were fine. No answer here, but maybe a
clue. 65- 70 average temp here.

Diane
link.net...

HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 04:44 PM
YOU HELP ME AND I HELP YOU !!! illmatic Ponds (alternative) 0 26-03-2003 03:32 AM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:44 AM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 05:09 AM