Old 23-05-2003, 01:32 AM
Diane Mancino

Default how many orchids can you put in 1 window!

I've been busy lately remodeling my plant room that was a New England
1950's sun room. Ceramic tile walk way border along the window walls and
carpet set in the living area. It's working great! I can spill water and
still have a pretty room to lounge in...but now to bring the plants in
without covering up all my new tile and putting holes in my freshly painted
walls. The iron plant stands quickly filled up with tropicals, hanging an
orchid were ever the lighting was right

I found decorative 36" chains fastened to the top and sides of the window
sill to side hook my orchids on. With enough orchids, you don't see the
chains, easy to take off for watering. Those pot hooks are great. that
slight angle keeps the excess water from dripping. I now know how a
collection can really get large.
I suddenly have tons of room to add more orchids! Most of the window is
Oncidium and Brassias. that should make for a nice show. The lighting is
morning light on a wooded lot so this window is my best natural light. the
catts are still on another windowsill- havent tried hanging one yet, but
since they like to dry and be warm, might be a top of the chain item

Actually I finished the room while my husband was away. a got a big WOW! out
of him when he got to see the change, haven't heard a peep about how many
plants I have.

New England Summers......errrrr still need a sweater today -plant cheap
petunias and invest in a garden room

--
Diane