GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   British Wild Orchids (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/31230-british-wild-orchids.html)

seahorse17 09-06-2003 10:56 PM

British Wild Orchids

I live in Scotland and while travelling round the country, have come across
several types of Orchid, from the literature I have they would appear to be
either Spotted or marsh Orchids.

From looking at them there would appear to be a considerable variance within
the same species, in both height, colour and leaves.

Anyone know where I can get more information or can recommend a better book
or site.

Mike Newbold 10-06-2003 12:20 PM

British Wild Orchids

A good place to start looking for these is
http://www.drover.demon.co.uk/HOS/index.htm
Cheers Mike

Boystrup Pb, ann,... 10-06-2003 12:20 PM

British Wild Orchids

Try Bert van Zuylen.
He sells books about orchids at a fair price. Sometimes new sometimes second
hand. If he hasn't got any he might know someone else. He's a member of the
dutch orchid society. (NOV) I have bought several books from him.
His e-mail adres:

Good luck, hope you find something
Peter
"seahorse17" schreef in bericht
I live in Scotland and while travelling round the country, have come

across
several types of Orchid, from the literature I have they would appear to

be
either Spotted or marsh Orchids.

From looking at them there would appear to be a considerable variance

within

J. Del Col 10-06-2003 03:32 PM

British Wild Orchids

"seahorse17" wrote in message ...
I live in Scotland and while travelling round the country, have come across
several types of Orchid, from the literature I have they would appear to be
either Spotted or marsh Orchids.

From looking at them there would appear to be a considerable variance within
the same species, in both height, colour and leaves.

Anyone know where I can get more information or can recommend a better book
or site.

Have you tried Mabey's -Flora Britannica?-

J. Del Col