Old 11-06-2003, 02:20 AM
Jim S

Default gimi a break was Enc. mariae

Jim Saitman
9615 Lombardy
Fontana, Ca 92335
909-355-4676 office
909-712-8896 cell

just in case you were wondering

I remember well being a newbie here... and I remember the 8 weeks I spent

in
complete silence before I posted one thing on RGO.

as did most of us, so nothing special there, yet the fact remains that not
all are like you in their habits and responses

I learned within the
first few days that this was a newsgroup not suited/designed for the

upload
of full blown photographs.

you seem to be a quick learner
except in the case of terminology as in "full blown photographs". I believe
the term full blown is the shortened version of the phrase "Fully blown" as
in the case of a race car motor, signifying the state of being modified to
the full limit of its capability
i believe photographs are exactly what they are, photographs nothing more
nothing less.

I think it polite that any newbie at least show
the courtesy to investigate the newsgroup for a few days before "jumping

in"
and uploading anything...

well he did not, so is that 75 or 76 sins on his part? cause at 77 you know
what happens

not one photograph was posted on RGO for nearly 2
months before Todd bombed us with his 3 dime-a-dozen orchid (2 plants
un-named) photographs of May 30 easily found on any boring Home Depot

garden
display wall.

well if he hadn't been lurking for the last two months and just found us on
may 29 then he wouldn't have known that now would he?

you may find home depot displays boring , others happened to find many an
enjoyable gem hiding on those shelves

and as for "dime a dozen" well when you are new to orchids every thing is
new and exciting. but as an orchid elitist you find them boring, I happen to
find your passion for ghost orchids peculiar and not that interesting.

Even a basic simple 2 minute pre-search would have revealed
that fact to him that this is not a binary/graphic type discussion

group...
he didn't even bother with that basic courteous research formality.

well he didn't so thats #76 right? one more and straight to hell he goes!!!

And
so, I likewise felt I also could skip one level of formality/civility in

my
note to him and he would totally understand.

how about you skipped one level of human dignity, you could have sent him a
polite note to his email letting him know that pics are not allowed in RGO

I might point out that on his three photographs (of May 30) I initially
restrained my desire to write to him on RGO and hoped he would see the
discourtesy of his posts soon enough... he obviously did not. The fourth
photo upload (June 8) was a disregard of the traditions on RGO... I then
posted up my previously "postponed" point to him. Can you image if every
6-week experienced orchid newbie started bombing us with his newbie photo
keepsakes? This place would be minefield in no time flat for dial-up

users
on non-ADSL lines.

(Warning sarcasm ahead)
well hell man why didn't you say so in the first place... you hold him down
while I pour gas all over him and light the match
(end of sarcasm)

And orchids are not an addiction for me...

how true, they are just another way for you to make money, thus your disdain
even hatred for the common orchid

I have outgrown that worn out
stupid moniker and I encourage others to do so also.

OIC, have you transcended dental medication as well(end of sarcasm)

These orchids are
just plants of the earth! Orchids do not rule our lives like heroin and
cocaine which are truly addictions.

and yet in all my years of growing I have never tired of the cute notion of
someone being addicted to this harmless hobby, but I guess that doesn't fit
into your need for total control.

I want to throw up every time I hear
someone say orchids are an addiction

than I suggest you should seek medical attention if a mere statement makes
you physically ill

The opinions I express in my posts are mine and no one else's opinion.

and yet in YOUR post you spoke for the whole of RGO, funny I dont remember
receiving an email asking for my vote if you should flame Todd or not for
his lack of etiquette

If
other RGOers want to write countering me and encouraging every newbie to
upload his full blown Orchids 101 photographs to this newsgroup then go
ahead.

never happen, but interesting need for control

If this kid is lost to RGO because of my comment then so be it...
but just remember for every discourteous poster "lost" in this fashion
probably two dozen new posters have received a quick mini-class on the RGO
traditions in the lesson herein. I think it is a fair trade off.

well once again I am glad that we have you here Mick, to protect us and weed
out the unwanted and naive amongst us for, god forbid we become common and
ordinary.

Mick

PS... and yes, on every newsgroup at least one member is going to be

classed
as arrogant. Such a title does not bother me and many of my compatriots
here will easily attest to that. I do the dirty work here that no one

else
wants to touch... and I have a proud history of that.

P.P.S.

I believe that on every NG you are a part of, you are classed as arrogant,
and yet, you have so little to be arrogant about.

Jim

Enc. atrorubens x Enc. cordigera Wendy7 Orchid Photos 1 12-04-2008 09:56 PM
Euchile mariae 1 P Max Orchid Photos 0 14-12-2006 01:44 PM
Enc. mariae Mick Fournier Orchids 6 10-06-2003 09:08 PM
Epi. vs. Enc? Diana Kulaga Orchids 3 24-02-2003 04:53 PM