Old 20-06-2003, 04:56 PM
scullytac

Default anybody home...yooo hooo

Why is there nobody here?

Old 20-06-2003, 05:20 PM
Mick Fournier

Scully,

With the national economy in the crapper and a tremendous amount of people
out of work in the USA, everyone is depressed and buying/maintaining orchids
(classed as discretionary luxury purchases) is extremely difficult now
financially.

To push out the thought and hurt of this situation many people are avoiding
reminders of expensive orchids (that they can only dream about now) by
staying away from RGO and Orchid Forum. I think people have perhaps become
a little more content with they own backyard collection "as is" now and have
simply withdrawn from the orchid "scene" for a while to piddle around a bit
more in the quiet of their greenhouses personally rather than write on the
keyboard whilst the hired gardener used to attend to the collection instead.
As we all know, a majority of RGOers have laid off their hired help in the
last year... you do/did have a hired gardener? Did you not?

It is a sad fact of life that paying the house rent and buying groceries is
much important than orchids now... hence the reason nobody is here.

Mick

"scullytac" wrote in message
Why is there nobody here?

Old 20-06-2003, 06:32 PM
Gene Schurg

Mick

I'm doing my part to help the (orchid) economy........I'm buying plants!

Of course my private gardener takes care of them and then brings them to me
in bloom on a silver platter.

Gene

"Mick Fournier" wrote in message
[...]

"scullytac" wrote in message
Why is there nobody here?

Old 20-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Mick Fournier

Gene,

But of course your special gardener would do this for you... that is, after
the your valet has laid out your special orchid reviewing formal attire for
the grand occasion.

Mick

Old 20-06-2003, 08:44 PM
Diane Mancino

They are either outside in the garden or at work earning money to buy more
orchids

Diane

"scullytac" wrote in message
Why is there nobody here?

Old 21-06-2003, 12:20 AM
Michael Gerzog

"scullytac" wrote in message ...
Why is there nobody here?

First of all, seems to me people are here, though maybe a little less
active than usual. The fact that the weather is more or less nice in
more parts of the country than SoCal and South Florida probably has
something to do with it.
Old 21-06-2003, 01:20 AM
Mick Fournier

Michael,

It's the economy... as Bill Clinton would say.

Mick

Old 21-06-2003, 07:32 AM
R&V Childers

scullytac wrote:

Why is there nobody here?

We're all out in our greenhouses enjoying our Orchids, repotting
and cleaning up after the past winter. If not, I'm probably out looking
for new plants at a show or local dealer. Things will pick up here this
summer when it's too hot to be outdoors for long without working up a
major sweat!

Bob C.

http://vchilder.home.netcom.com
Old 21-06-2003, 10:32 PM
scullytac

oh.
"Diane Mancino" wrote in message
et...
They are either outside in the garden or at work earning money to buy more
orchids

Diane

"scullytac" wrote in message
Why is there nobody here?