Old 20-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Gene Schurg

Default Someone tell the phals it's not fall!

I have about a dozen Phals that have initiated new spikes. Several of them
were ones that I just cut the old stalk from last month.

The weather here in Northern Virginia has been really wet and cool. They
must be fooled into thinking it's the end of summer!

Maybe I should hang a calendar in the greenhouse so the phals can tell the
date!

Good Growing,
Gene

Old 20-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Gene Schurg

Yeah....there are schedules to be kept!

At first I was concerned that it might impact next winter's blooms. Maybe
this year I will have phals to show at the orchid show in October!

I take them when I can get them.

Gene

s.com...

Old 22-06-2003, 11:08 PM
V_coerulea

My phals are also blooming/reblooming and what's even more crazy is that I
have 1 cymbidium that has spiked and is ready to open some blooms. The spike
is smallish and so are the buds. But it's on a mature plant so I don't think
anything will happen to next year's flrs. It also has good growth on this
years buds. I think the rain and cooler temps have affected more than we
humans.
Gary