Old 21-06-2003, 02:32 AM
Bryan Whelan

Default Pleated Masds...

I hope someone has a clue about this..
Several of my masdevallias are demonstrating a phenomenon which looks like
pleating, but isn't exactly..
It is as if the new leaf isn't strong enough to push thru the sheath, and
gets bunched up inside...
When they do manage to get through, they are mishapen and often ( but not
always ) stunted, but otherwise seem to grow fine. The flowers are fine.
It happens worst with the coccinea hybs and spc, but also my veitch. spcs
and a few of the hybs..
But nothing else, so far.

Old 21-06-2003, 09:08 AM
Jerry Hoffmeister

the pleating is either caused by not enough water (or bad roots) or low
humidity would be my guess.

Old 23-06-2003, 08:40 AM
Bryan

I know what causes 'pleating', every orchid book written explains
that.. I said"looks like pleating". I don't think it is, tho.
The roots are fine, I have looked.. The plants are otherwise healthy,
and do flower. The humidity hovers around 75 percent. Plants in
question are watered every day.