Old 23-06-2003, 02:44 AM
scullytac

Default OT

Thank you all, now I have several options
"Sekanek" wrote in message
. com...
we use sugar , or better yet a lil 7-up works good too .
what ever it is about the 7-up it works well for us
"scullytac" wrote in message
Does anyone know what to add to cut flowers (water) to help them last
longer? Is it aspirin or sugar?
Thanks in advance, sorry for being off topic

Old 23-06-2003, 04:20 PM
Jim S

WARNING. WARNING. WARNING

ORCHID PEOPLE ABOUT TO GO OFF THE DEEP END

you guys crack me up

Old 24-06-2003, 01:44 AM
Diana Kulaga

I don't pretend to be an expert, but botritis is either a fungal or
bacterial infection. It's not deadly to the plant, but ruins the flowers.
Generally comes from water spots on the flowers.

DK

"Boystrup Pb, ann,..." wrote in message
. be...
What is botritis??
Peter
"Diana Kulaga" schreef in bericht
thlink.net...
I don't cut orchid inflors off a plant unless I see botritis, which

happens
to my white Phals now and then. At those times I've used sugar, but
honestly I don't know if it made a difference.

Diana

"Ray @ First Rays Orchids" wrote in message
and orchids????

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Here I go to mess up the simple answer. I have used both. Roses

seem
like aspirin. Carnations prefer sugar. Gardenias just don't care!

Diana

"scullytac" wrote in message
Thank you
"Jim S" wrote in message