GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OT (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/33432-ot.html)

scullytac 21-06-2003 08:20 PM

OT

Does anyone know what to add to cut flowers (water) to help them last
longer? Is it aspirin or sugar?
Thanks in advance, sorry for being off topic

Jim S 21-06-2003 09:08 PM

OT

asprin

scullytac 21-06-2003 10:32 PM

OT

Thank you
"Jim S" wrote in message
.com...
asprin

Diana Kulaga 21-06-2003 10:56 PM

OT

Here I go to mess up the simple answer. I have used both. Roses seem to
like aspirin. Carnations prefer sugar. Gardenias just don't care!

Diana

"scullytac" wrote in message
Thank you
"Jim S" wrote in message
.com...
asprin

Ray @ First Rays Orchids 21-06-2003 11:32 PM

OT

and orchids????

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Here I go to mess up the simple answer. I have used both. Roses seem to
like aspirin. Carnations prefer sugar. Gardenias just don't care!

Diana

"scullytac" wrote in message
Thank you
"Jim S" wrote in message
.com...
asprin

Dewitt 22-06-2003 01:32 AM

OT

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 18:21:25 -0400, "Ray @ First Rays Orchids"
wrote:

and orchids????

A nice Chardonnay

deg

Wendy 22-06-2003 02:56 AM

OT

"Dewitt" wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 18:21:25 -0400, "Ray @ First Rays Orchids"
wrote:

and orchids????

A nice Chardonnay

deg

And.......some Belgium chocolate *g*
Cheers Wendy

Boystrup Pb, ann,... 22-06-2003 12:56 PM

OT

Belgium chocolate goes best with a red Bordeaux or champagne.

Peter

Susan Erickson 22-06-2003 02:56 PM

OT

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 14:05:34 +0200, "Boystrup Pb, ann,..."
wrote:

Belgium chocolate goes best with a red Bordeaux or champagne.

Peter

A nice Chardonnay

deg

And.......some Belgium chocolate *g*
Cheers Wendy

Picky - Picky We will take it any way we can get it.
SuE

Diana Kulaga 22-06-2003 08:44 PM

OT

I don't cut orchid inflors off a plant unless I see botritis, which happens
to my white Phals now and then. At those times I've used sugar, but
honestly I don't know if it made a difference.

Diana

"Ray @ First Rays Orchids" wrote in message
and orchids????

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com
Secure Online Ordering & Lots of Free Info!

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Here I go to mess up the simple answer. I have used both. Roses seem

like aspirin. Carnations prefer sugar. Gardenias just don't care!

Diana

"scullytac" wrote in message
Thank you
"Jim S" wrote in message
.com...
asprin

Boystrup Pb, ann,... 22-06-2003 09:44 PM

OT

What is botritis??
Peter
"Diana Kulaga" schreef in bericht
thlink.net...
I don't cut orchid inflors off a plant unless I see botritis, which

happens
to my white Phals now and then. At those times I've used sugar, but
honestly I don't know if it made a difference.

Diana

"Ray @ First Rays Orchids" wrote in message
and orchids????

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com
Secure Online Ordering & Lots of Free Info!

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Here I go to mess up the simple answer. I have used both. Roses seem

like aspirin. Carnations prefer sugar. Gardenias just don't care!

Diana

"scullytac" wrote in message
Thank you
"Jim S" wrote in message
.com...
asprin

test 22-06-2003 11:32 PM

OT

In article ,
"scullytac" wrote:

Does anyone know what to add to cut flowers (water) to help them last
longer? Is it aspirin or sugar?
Thanks in advance, sorry for being off topic

my mother swears by Sprite, so i guess that means sugar....?

--j_a

Susan Erickson 22-06-2003 11:56 PM

OT

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 18:29:28 -0400, test wrote:

In article ,
"scullytac" wrote:

Does anyone know what to add to cut flowers (water) to help them last
longer? Is it aspirin or sugar?
Thanks in advance, sorry for being off topic

my mother swears by Sprite, so i guess that means sugar....?

--j_a

The carbonation is also supposed to be good for them.
SuE

Sekanek 23-06-2003 12:08 AM

OT

we use sugar , or better yet a lil 7-up works good too .
what ever it is about the 7-up it works well for us