Old 22-06-2003, 08:56 PM
Paulo

Default Dendrobium Spring Dream Apollon

Sorry, by mistake I have placed this post in the wrong group...I hope i am
not bothering anybody postin it here again.....

Hi everyone, I have posted before asking for advise with my Dendrobium
Aparently, i was doing something wrong...and my plant started to give
up....I think could be my first orchid lost.....The cane is drying
out...from the roots,,,,getting dark and dry. The only thing still alive is
two keikis with very small roots. I dont know if they are mature enough to
be separate form the main cane, I was thinking to mounted in a nice piece of
bark i have in my balcony for a couple of years (finally it is going to have
an use). I was thinking to fix the cane with these two keikis (all together)
in the bark adding some spanghum.

Somebody can tell me if this make sense? I am thinking to submerse the bark
in a bucket with water for few hours, and then fix the dendrobium with
spanghum and some wire.....

If all this is ok, what is the care this plant will need? Misting, submerse
in water ...??? I live in Toronto, and i was thinking to place it in my
balcony during this summer, not direct sun ...or just an hour in the
evening....

Because i dont see this plant will survive keeping the same conditions as it
is now (planted) i am trying to do something "dramatically experimental"
with it.

Thanks a lot

Paulo

Old 23-06-2003, 01:08 AM
V_coerulea

Detach the keikis and pot them in some loose sphaghnum moss until they are
larger. Then mount them if you wish. Get them off of the decaying parent
cane or they too may die. Small or not, the parent cane is not going to help
them anymore.