Old 29-06-2003, 06:35 AM
gal

Default Dend kiekie

Hello,

My Dend has one kiekie. This is the first time this is happening. The
kiekie is 50mm (2Intch) long and has one small root 5mm long.
When should I cut it and how should I cut it. Should I cut it with the
branch it is sitting on or should I separate them.

Regards

Gal
Old 01-07-2003, 11:34 PM
Diana Kulaga

Let it grow somewhat larger, and with more roots. Roots should be at least
2 inches long, and while you won't want to wait forever, give the new growth
time to be healthy enough to survive on its own. When it's ready, try
simply twisting it off the cane; most times they will snap off. If that
doesn't work, cut the cane, trim it, and plant. If you cut the cane,
remember to treat the wound. A bit of peroxide followed by a sprinkle of
cinnamon is one way to do that.

Diana

Kiekie [email protected] Orchids 2 16-01-2006 04:28 PM
dend stardust/phrag besseae alice83 Orchids 4 15-01-2004 08:19 PM
Dend. grouth pattern gal Orchids 3 07-11-2003 03:02 PM
Dend kiekie gal Orchids 0 29-06-2003 06:32 AM
Dend. anosmum and superbum ?? Damien Schaeffer Orchids 4 30-01-2003 05:07 PM