Old 03-03-2003, 06:16 PM
RABarrer

Default grower in mission viejo calif. area???

planning a trip and looking for a grower in the area
can anyone make a rccomendation?
thanks
"Aside from that Mrs. Lincoln, How was the play?"
Old 03-03-2003, 07:32 PM
Wendy

Hi RABarrer, Mission Viejo is just a little suburb type city, but the
closest place would be Huntington Beach Orchids. I have never been there &
you would have to phone. It is probably a half hours drive north on the 405
freeway. Then there is Andy's place (call first) about 1½ hrs down in San
Diego.
http://www.hborchids.com/index2.htm
http://www.andysorchids.com/
Hope this helps,
Cheers Wendy

Old 04-03-2003, 12:31 AM
DVardner

Green Systems in Newport Beach is the biggest in Orange County. Matt Swift has
his place out to the east. Zuma Canyon which has phals only is up in Malibu.
Green Systems International
20362 Birch St
Newport Beach, CA 92660
(949) 756-1211
Swift Orchids
6658 Carnelian St
Rancho Cucamonga CA 91701
Phone 909-483-5590
Zuma Canyon
5949 Bonsall Drive
Malibu, CA, 90265 (United States)
E-mail address:
Phone: 1-877-625-4266
Fax: (310) 457-4783

Otherwise go south to San Diego area growers

Old 04-03-2003, 05:27 AM
Larry Dighera

On Mon, 03 Mar 2003 19:17:56 GMT, "Wendy" (Wendy)
wrote in Message ID :

Hi RABarrer, Mission Viejo is just a little suburb type city, but the
closest place would be Huntington Beach Orchids. I have never been there &
you would have to phone. It is probably a half hours drive north on the 405
freeway.

From HBO web site:

"General Information

a) We do not maintain a retail store. Unfortunately, due to
liability issues, our growing facilities are not open to the
public. However, we are happy to answer any questions with our
customers concerning our plants via e-mail, phone, or fax. "

Then there is Andy's place (call first) about 1½ hrs down in San
Diego.

You can plan you trip he
http://www.mapquest.com/rtp/
It's about 37 miles from Mission Viejo to Oceanside.

There are several orchid dealers south of Oceanside:

David Reid:
Bird Rock Tropicals: http://www.birdrocktropicals.com/
Chula Orchids: http://www.chulaorchids.com
The Orchid Connections: http://www.orchidconnection.com
Andy's Orchids: http://www.AndysOrchids.com
Orchidanica: http://www.orchidmall.com/orchidanica/
Pacific Orchid, Inc.: http://pacificorchid.com/location.html
Orchid Paradise: http://www.orchidparadise.com/
Oceanside Orchids: http://www.oceanside-orchids.com/

And one to the north:
Orchid Gene-E: Fountain Valley; Phone: 714 962 5604

You'll find a large list of orchid vendors he
http://www.orchidmall.com/plants.htm