Old 22-07-2003, 03:42 PM
rajiv

Default cypriped green pod timings

Hi:

I have a developing cyp kentukience capsule, which i wanted to put
into culture before the seeds matured, to avoid dormancy problems.
What is the optimum time of harvest of the pod from the time of
pollination?

thanks

rajiv
Old 02-08-2003, 08:12 AM
Aaron Hicks

You know, I remembered someone asking this, but didn't remember
WHERE until I saw Kip's reply. Kip has it correct- I asked one of my
colleagues, and he advised 60 days.

Do not send e-mail to the address in the header. Doesn't work.

-AJHicks
Chandler, AZ
Old 05-08-2003, 04:19 AM
rajiv

Thanks aaron and kip....i did sow the seed on cypripedium media from
phytotech. However i think the pod is over 60 days old( pollinated
sometime in May!!??). Lets see what happens.

Rajiv

Old 05-08-2003, 12:22 PM
Giulio Farinelli

"Slipper_Kip" wrote in message
om

Good luck with your seed.

Slipper Kip

Hello Kip
Sorry if I don't send you seeds this year but i had my marriage exactly
in the blooming time.
By the way, have you some results with last year seeds?

Giulio
from the hottest Italy of every time

Old 06-08-2003, 06:02 PM
Slipper_Kip

By the way, have you some results with last year seeds?

Giulio

Hi Giulio,

I am happy to say that several of your species germinated well including;

Orchis fragrans v. coriophora
Orchis papilionacea
Ophrys bombifolia
Ophrys fusca
Ophrys sphegodes
Ophrys tenthredinifera

Thank you again, and good luck with your new wife. I hope she likes
orchids too?

Kip K.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:12 AM
Giulio Farinelli

"Slipper_Kip" wrote in message
om

I am happy to say that several of your species germinated well
including;

Happy to hear this

remember that they want a warm, dry rest in summer. Ophrys bombiliflora
and fusca require winter with minimum temps just above freezing, while
other can go some degree below.

I hope she likes orchids too?

So and so

Giulio

Sweet pea timings stuart noble United Kingdom 2 11-07-2013 04:25 PM
Differences between 6-pod and 7-pod aero gardens Chuck Olson Lawns 1 14-07-2009 01:06 AM
Aerides green pod timings Dada Orchids 0 21-06-2006 02:29 AM
Psychopsis seed pod maturation Beetle Orchids 2 20-04-2003 11:08 PM
eulophia graminea seed pod for trade Jonathan Phua Orchids 3 09-04-2003 02:32 AM