GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   scented orchid identification (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/38306-scented-orchid-identification.html)

micmol 26-07-2003 04:12 AM

scented orchid identification

Hello,
A friend of mine just got back from a beautiful trip to Malaysia. In the
Orchid Park in KL he bought a flask with a few orchid plants to make me a
present, but he forgot to ask about the specific name. What he remembers is
that the flowers, white with violet spots, were nicely scented. Any idea
which kind of orchid it could be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Michael

profpam 26-07-2003 09:42 PM

scented orchid identification

Hi, Micmol,

Unfortunately for a positive identification, you probably will have to
wait until you have a bloomer. Yes, it could be a Phal but then again,
there is little information as to the genus.

Yes, I, too, have been to Malaysia. Just wish my husband and I were
still taking the trips. Did you go to Kuantan or Kuala Lampour? Brunai?
-- wow! We also enjoyed Singapore immensely.

.. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html