GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Scale Treatment (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/38821-scale-treatment.html)

Mary A. Smith 30-07-2003 07:03 PM

Scale Treatment

What is the "proper" mix of alchohol/water to spray for scale
treatment? Should I use 91% Isopropyl Alcohol or the weaker 70% ?

Any other suggestions?

thanks!
Mary

Diana Kulaga 30-07-2003 10:07 PM

Scale Treatment

Mary,

For scale you need something to break down the hard shell. I like a mix of
1 quart water, 1 quart alcohol, 1 + tablespoon each of cooking oil and mild
liquid dishwashing soap. Treat at least twice (a week or so apart).
Repotting is very beneficial. If you repot, treat the entire plant with the
solution that you use on the leaves.

For lots more good information on natural remedies, visit

www.firstrays.com

Diana