Old 07-08-2003, 07:04 PM
George Wilkins

Default holes in phileanopsisleaves?

I am experiencing a plague of holes in the leaves of many of my
phaleanopsis. Can't see any visible cause
but the problem starts as lighter than normal spots .....always on the new
or younger leaves.
These spots later turn into actual holes.
I've sprayed with neem oil and fungicide but the spots seem to still be
appearing.
Insect, disease, mite or slug? I can't see any hint of a predator. What
advice do you have?

George

Old 08-08-2003, 12:42 AM
Diana Kulaga

George,

Have you pulled them out of their pots? Could be beasties in there. Also,
I would consider using something to combat bacteria. Plain old peroxide
might help.

Can you post a picture of a damaged leaf to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids?
Visual would be good, especially for those who have more extensive knowledge
of pests and diseases.

Diana