Old 28-08-2003, 05:22 PM
keith

Default cattleya orchid time to rebloom

i have a cattleya orchid which has already bloomed,how long before it re
blooms?

Old 28-08-2003, 09:32 PM
Mick Fournier

Keith,

8 months, 4 days, 3 hours... plus or minus a bit.

Mick

-------------------------

Old 28-08-2003, 10:02 PM
Diana Kulaga

Keith,

As usual, Mick gives quite precise answers! Mine is a bit more vague.
Cattleyas come in lots of varieties. Some bloom only once a year, and
others more frequently. Then, there are the ones that bloom when they d_n
well please, and those which bloom every 8 months, 4 days, 3 hours. (LOL,
Mick.) Do you have a tag with the name of the plant? No guarantees, but
with a name someone may know what kind of blooming schedule to expect.

Diana

Old 28-08-2003, 10:32 PM
Mick Fournier

Keith,

My RGO wife is once again "diminishing" my well-known ability at predicting
blooms based on unknown orchids from unknown regions of the world with
unknown light/watering conditions... now tell me seriously... who you gonna'
trust? Me or her?

Do you play the lotto? If so, I can help you on that also.

Mick

Old 28-08-2003, 11:42 PM
Diana Kulaga

Uh oh. Now we're into a public spat! I thought we agreed to keep the dirty
laundry in the hamper!

Keith, look at it this way: Will you trust someone who misled you? (Your
Cattleya will NOT bloom in 8 months, 4 days, 3 hours! It will be more
likely to flower in 4 months, 3 days, 8 hours!) Or will you be more likely
to rely on information from a Southern Belle who admitted that she didn't
have a clue when or if your unknown plant will ever bear a flower again?

Oops. Just contradicted myself. Female prerogrative.

Diana

Old 28-08-2003, 11:42 PM
Diana Kulaga

"Prerogative". Typo. So sue me.......

Old 29-08-2003, 01:14 AM
V_coerulea

Depends on what catt you have and its parentage.
Gary

Old 29-08-2003, 02:35 AM
Wendy

Hi Keith, Sight unseen you could probably count on this time next year?
Cheers Wendy

Old 30-08-2003, 12:32 AM
LYNN32141

In article , "keith"
writes:

have a cattleya orchid which has already bloomed,how long before it re
blooms?

Keith,

I have a cattleya also, and it is a once a year bloomer, but what a magnificant
display she puts forth...... I at least know every year at Thanksgiving and
lasting until Christmas, my beauty graces me with lavender and ivory
flowers....

Lynn

Old 30-08-2003, 02:22 PM
keith

hi & thanks for responding,this is the first newsgroup i have involved
myself with,what great fun & help available!My first question certainly got
things heating up,i have just bought another orchid dendrobium 'emma type'
this hobby is sooooooooooo addictive!!!!!! i have 4 now the first i
overwatered & killed,i can keep them alive now,yipeeeeeee.
thanks again keith,
England

Old 30-08-2003, 03:22 PM
Ray

Keith,

Be careful of buying a wide array of plants before you know what conditions
are easiest to provide!

Read this: http://www.firstrays.com/beginner.htm

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"keith" wrote in message
hi & thanks for responding,this is the first newsgroup i have involved
myself with,what great fun & help available!My first question certainly

got
things heating up,i have just bought another orchid dendrobium 'emma type'
this hobby is sooooooooooo addictive!!!!!! i have 4 now the first i
overwatered & killed,i can keep them alive now,yipeeeeeee.
thanks again keith,
England

Old 30-08-2003, 09:12 PM
Diana Kulaga

Yeah, you've got the bug now!

Diana

Old 30-08-2003, 11:32 PM
keith

thanks for your advise ray, but i have 2 phals & 1 dendrobium which are
cool growing orchids,1cattleya which is cool to intermediate.these won`t be
to much of a problem,as ive found out if you can get the watering right you
are half way there,the rest is patients which i dont think many of us
have.thats how my question came about & being able to continue looking after
your plants,without it becoming a chore,leading to negect!which i wont
do.You could say i am obsessive,not just with orchids but horticulture in
general.A hobby,not just someone who buys houseplants to look nice for a
couple of weeks then bins them.
thanks anyway,keith
"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
ink.net...
Yeah, you've got the bug now!

Diana

Old 30-08-2003, 11:42 PM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

Keith, what Ray said is very good advice.
I started buying orchids about 3 years ago and now have more than 200. But
those are more than 40 different species, all requiering different
attention. (light, temperature, water, potting media...) I wish I had had
the wisdom to ask questions before I started buying like crasy.
Cheers, and welcome to a addiction full of beauty
Peter

"Ray" schreef in bericht