GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Orchid (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/42024-orchid.html)

InternetMac05 03-09-2003 10:42 AM

Orchid

Hi,

My Cattleya are so beautiful and they're in full bloom, very
showy My Phal are struggling in the cold weather of Sydney Australia,
Too much rain, follow by extreme hot days. The rain and wind is
unpredictable here. The house is locked up during the day so there is no
air circulations for the plants, thus they live out side under cover on
the verandah.

Yvonne

--
Sydney Institute

Wendy 03-09-2003 08:42 PM

Orchid

Hello Yvonne, If your Catt's are doing well, then it sounds like you have to
find a warmer
spot for your Phals.
There are electrical heating cables for attaching to greenhouse benches
so if you have
an electrical outlet then you could add a timer. I do not know if these
would work
in an open outdoor area though.
Have you been growing these plants for a long time?
Cheers Wendy