Old 14-09-2003, 10:04 PM
Shell91

Default Best time of day to water

When is the best time to water dends? Morning or evening?

Shell

Old 14-09-2003, 10:32 PM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

I've been told it doesn't realy matter, as long as the leaves an so get a
chance to dry up. If the plants themselves stay wet it can cause fungus and
rot. I water when the sun doesn't hit the plants and when I have time for
it. Often in the eavening sometimes at night.
Cheers
Peter
"Shell91" schreef in bericht
.. .

Old 14-09-2003, 11:03 PM
Shell91

Thanks. My dend get indirect light so I guess any time will be good. How
often do you water?
Shell

.be...

Old 14-09-2003, 11:14 PM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

Depending on the weather one or two times a week. When it's very hot and dry
sometimes even 3 times a week, but rarely.
Cheers
Peter

"Shell91" schreef in bericht
.. .

Old 15-09-2003, 01:12 AM
Tom Randy

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 16:48:10 -0400, Shell91 wrote:

When is the best time to water dends? Morning or evening?

Shell

Morning through late afternoon I would guess. I do mine currently around
4-5pm.

I let the potting mix dry out comepletely before watering again.

Old 15-09-2003, 01:22 AM
Ray

If you can stick to mornings, it precludes a lot of problems.

.. .

Old 15-09-2003, 09:42 PM
Diana Kulaga

Don't remember who said it, but the expression "Water in the afternoon, and
replace the plant next week" comes to mind. It's especially important for
Phalaenopsis to have a dry crown going into evening. Avoid getting water in
the crown in any event, but do water them in the AM to avoid the dreaded
crown rot.

Diana