Old 15-09-2003, 03:02 AM
Susan Erickson

Default Denver Orchid Society Show

Ok as long as we're pushing shows.....
Denver Orchid Society's Fall Show and Sale

"Autumn's Glowing Orchids"

http://denverorchidsociety.org/fall_2003.html

Yours truly will be registrar. So the show class schedule,
http://denverorchidsociety.org/plant_entry_guide.pdf
and our assistant to sort Genus to show class schedule,
http://denverorchidsociety.org/class_list.pdf
Or the alliance to Genus schedule as a pdf.
http://denverorchidsociety.org/genus...nce_lookup.pdf

Set up on Friday, Judging early Sat.
Open to the public from 10-5 on Sat. and 9-5 on Sunday.

Vendors this year ahere will be a wide assortment of orchid
plants from:
Cal-Orchids,
Gold Country Orchids,
J&L Orchids,
Norman's Orchids, and
Oak Hill Gardens.

Stop by and check out the great plants! Members sign up to work
the floor, Plant doctor, or with the vendors.

SuE
Old 15-09-2003, 05:02 PM
K Barrett

"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
[...]

I just repotted some mini catts I got from Alan Koch of Gold Country
Orchids. (I showed a pic of one of them some time back on apbo) Great roots.
Need I say more? *G* So if you are considering going to the Denver Show and
Sale, check out Alan's minis. They are better than I thought they'd be. (Is
that called damming with faint praise? *G*) He's also having an open house
at his place in Lincoln Sept 26, 27, 28. Since we aren't supposed to
advertise commercial growers here I'll make you search for the webpage info
yourselves. I just wanted to say I was pleasantly surprised with the roots
on the mini catts. I'd had mine since June and they'd already over grown the
2 /12 inch pots and flowered.

And Norman's Orchids is Orchid.com, from another thread here.
http://www.orchids.com/about.html

Boy, Susan, your vendors *are* going to have a wide variety availiable! Good
going.

K Barrett

Old 16-09-2003, 01:44 AM
Dave Sheehy

K Barrett ) wrote:
: I just repotted some mini catts I got from Alan Koch of Gold Country
: Orchids. (I showed a pic of one of them some time back on apbo) Great roots.
: Need I say more? *G* So if you are considering going to the Denver Show and
: Sale, check out Alan's minis.

When I repotted a catt I got from Alan I observed the same thing. He pots
exclusively with sphagnum (something about toxins in a lot of bark available
today) so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

: They are better than I thought they'd be. (Is
: that called damming with faint praise? *G*)

I think that's what you call a backhanded compliment. :-)

: He's also having an open house
: at his place in Lincoln Sept 26, 27, 28. Since we aren't supposed to
: advertise commercial growers here I'll make you search for the webpage info
: yourselves.

Really? He's less than 10 miles from me. Guess I'd better go huh? Now I
have to go track down that URL. Will you (or anyone else for that matter)
be going?

Dave

Old 16-09-2003, 05:22 AM
K Barrett

Boy, I'm really tempted. I understand there will be wine too! LOL!!

K Barrett

Old 16-09-2003, 06:22 AM
Susan Erickson

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 04:12:07 GMT, "K Barrett"
wrote:

Boy, I'm really tempted. I understand there will be wine too! LOL!!

K Barrett

That would be fun. Alan says his Mini-catts are developed to
grow on window sills on (small compact catt structure) deliver
big flower payback some are quite good sized for the small
plant) and bloom in Phal light. He considers most windowsill
light as Phal light. IF that helps the definition of Mini-Catts
and how to bloom them. I either have too much light or not
enough heat they do not like me. I also don't fuss or work with
them.

Lauris from Cal-Orchids was commenting today that she wished she
had more e-mail addresses to send notices of Internet Specials
out. So don't miss their new specials page. So now you have 2
pages to hunt up.

SuE

Old 16-09-2003, 11:42 AM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

Wouldn't know if they sell to belgians
Cheers
Peter

"Susan Erickson" schreef in bericht
news

Old 16-09-2003, 12:32 PM
Reka

Mmmm...combining my two biggest vices...wine and orchids!!!

Sue, would you recommend Cal-Orchids? (Is this www.calorchid.com?)

--
Reka
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
news
wrote:

Boy, I'm really tempted. I understand there will be wine too! LOL!!

K Barrett

That would be fun. Alan says his Mini-catts are developed to
grow on window sills on (small compact catt structure) deliver
big flower payback some are quite good sized for the small
plant) and bloom in Phal light. He considers most windowsill
light as Phal light. IF that helps the definition of Mini-Catts
and how to bloom them. I either have too much light or not
enough heat they do not like me. I also don't fuss or work with
them.

Lauris from Cal-Orchids was commenting today that she wished she
had more e-mail addresses to send notices of Internet Specials
out. So don't miss their new specials page. So now you have 2
pages to hunt up.

SuE

---

Old 16-09-2003, 02:42 PM
Susan Erickson

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:31:00 +0200, "Reka"
wrote:

Mmmm...combining my two biggest vices...wine and orchids!!!

Sue, would you recommend Cal-Orchids? (Is this www.calorchid.com?)

Definite YES!.
I just ordered 2 more for delivery at the show. Nice plants and
nice lady. My email got an immediate PERSONAL answer. Lauris is
at our show every fall. She has enough variety that you can shop
her table every year. They are breeding reed stem Epi. to be
table top plants not the 6 foot monsters I have.

Sorry Peter I don't know. It is difficult crossing international
borders.

SuE
Old 16-09-2003, 06:42 PM
Reka

I will recommend it to my sister in Oregon.
BTW; I went out and spent 140 euros on wine today. So there! (My cellar is
much bigger than my winter garden. Besides, those orchids keep growing and
the wine just seems to disappear??)

Old 17-09-2003, 01:02 PM
Reka

Yes, but Wendy, remember that wine needs to be enjoyed when at its peak,
just like anything else! ;-)