GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tillandsia Question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/44006-tillandsia-question.html)

Shell91 25-09-2003 03:02 AM

Tillandsia Question

I just got a Tillandsia capitata shelldance and it's in a pot. Looks like
regular potting soil. Do I need to take it out and mount it?

Shell

John M. Gamble 25-09-2003 07:22 AM

Tillandsia Question

In article . com,
Shell91 wrote:
I just got a Tillandsia capitata shelldance and it's in a pot. Looks like
regular potting soil. Do I need to take it out and mount it?

I can't answer for this one in particular, but not all Tillandsia are
air plants. Are you sure that the soil is wrong for this plant?

The non-airplant Tillandsia that i own does quite well in a bark/soil
mix.

--
-john

February 28 1997: Last day libraries could order catalogue cards
from the Library of Congress.