GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Went shopping, now need help keeping things alive (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/44761-went-shopping-now-need-help-keeping-things-alive.html)

Boystrup Pb, ann,... 05-10-2003 01:01 AM

Went shopping, now need help keeping things alive

I went shopping today and last saturday and bought several orchids, thing is
I don't realy know how to keep some of these. Any experience and tips would
be great.
Catt schilleriana, young plants, I believe intermediate culture.
Paphinia herreae, young plant intermediate,and???
Gongora cassida, young, intermediate, ???
Paph. haynaldianum, intermediate, ???
Promenea xhantina, intermediate, ???
Epidendrum ilense, intermediate, ???
Catt violacea*aclandiae, ???
Ionopsis Domiculata, intermediate, ???
Tetramicra bulbosa, ???
Cymbidium lowianum, ???
Dendrobium polysema, ???
Oerstedella centradenia, ???
Paph. hainanense*callosum, ???
Paph. primilinum*armeniacum, ???
Angraecum scottianum*logifolium, ???
Dendrobium virginalis*antennatum, ???

These are all young plants and I'll be doing some reading on them my self,
but any tips would be great.
Links, experience and so on.
Thanks
Peter

Geir Harris Hedemark 05-10-2003 12:42 PM

"Boystrup Pb, ann,..." writes:
Angraecum scottianum*logifolium, ???

My angraecum sesquipedale (seedlings, caveat emptor) seems to enjoy
about 12kLux of light on my meter (more than a Phal, way less than a
Vanda) and relatively cool temperatures (20-25C).

Geir

Boystrup Pb, ann,... 05-10-2003 09:02 PM

Went shopping, now need help keeping things alive

Thanks
Peter
"Geir Harris Hedemark" schreef in bericht

Gerard-P 05-10-2003 09:02 PM

Went shopping, now need help keeping things alive

Hello Peter,

I have a Cym. Lowianum myself. Found this:

http://users.pandora.be/roger.van.ro...m_lowianum.htm

(zo dicht bij huis!!)

Hope this helps.

Regards

Gerard

"Boystrup Pb, ann,..." wrote in
message .be...

dusty 07-10-2003 05:02 PM

Went shopping, now need help keeping things alive

"Boystrup Pb, ann,..." wrote in
.be:

I went shopping today and last saturday and bought several orchids,
thing is I don't realy know how to keep some of these. Any experience
and tips would be great

This sight might be helpful
http://orchidspecies.com/indexa.htm

Groe well and bloom
Dusty

Boystrup Pb, ann,... 07-10-2003 08:22 PM

Went shopping, now need help keeping things alive

Thanks
Peter
"dusty" schreef in bericht
s.com...