GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   fungicide (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/44776-fungicide.html)

Dave and Kim 05-10-2003 05:12 AM

fungicide

What is the best fungicide after a fungus has infected an orchid?

Curious

Diana Kulaga 05-10-2003 10:32 PM

fungicide

If you don't mind chemicals, Dithane works wonders. But if you prefer
natural (as I do, whenever possible) try the following link to First Ray's
Orchids. Go to the section on natural remedies, and while you're there
checkout his site. He lists a ton of great information, and has neat plants
and supplies. Click: www.firstrays.com

Diana

. ..

Kenni Judd 05-10-2003 11:32 PM

fungicide

There is no right answer to this question. The most I can tell you is that
if the fungus has already invaded, you will probably need something
systemic. Which chemical will work best depends on which fungus you have.
The Ortho "All About Growing Orchids Book" has a pretty good pest and
disease section, you might also consult the AOS Pest and Disease Handbook.

The first line of defense is removing the obviously-infected plant tissue,
with a good margin into "clean green." It is also important to switch out
your chemicals if you find you have to spray more than a couple of times, to
avoid creating resistant fungi or bacteria.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com