GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Oncidium Gower Ramsey "volcanoe queen" (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/46005-oncidium-gower-ramsey-volcanoe-queen.html)

dd 23-10-2003 04:12 PM

Oncidium Gower Ramsey "volcanoe queen"

Iwon an Oncidium Gower Ramsey "volcanoe queen" about 2 years ago. It
was blooming when I got it, and the blooms lasted for months. I was
going to cut off the spike, but since it didn't get brown, I didn't.
Several months later, it got more buds and bloomed profusely for
another couple of months. Now it's not blooming. The spike is 5 feet
long and multi-branched.

Should I cut off the spike and give the plant a rest, or should I hope
for another flushh of blooms on the spike? This plant is growing in a
south-facing sunroom window with axilliary 400 watt MH light in New
England.