GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Beallara (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/46973-beallara.html)

Sheepkeeper 10-11-2003 12:22 AM

Beallara

My wife fell in love with Bllra Howard's Dream. I know nothing about the
hybrid, nor do I seem to find much from a Google search. Sage advice
welcomed.

Susan Erickson 10-11-2003 01:02 AM

Beallara

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 00:11:25 GMT, "Sheepkeeper"
wrote:

My wife fell in love with Bllra Howard's Dream. I know nothing about the
hybrid, nor do I seem to find much from a Google search. Sage advice
welcomed.

The real name of the plant is
Beallara Marfitch 'Howard's Dream' AM/AOS.
Howard's Dream is a clone that was awarded an AM/AOS. It is
usually the Bllra you see. It is deep magenta/purple. It will
be bigger if grown with good Catt sun. But will bloom with less.

Now that you have the correct name you should not have a problem
finding a plant near you or from a vendor you trust.

SuE

Bolero 10-11-2003 07:02 AM

Beallara

I would say that conditions similar to Miltonia's would be suitable for this
hybrid. It has been around for a while and I have a few, I treat it
basically the same as any of the miltonia hybrids or even Brassia hybrids.
I keep mine with Catts and Australian Dendrobiums and they are doing just
fine.

. com...