GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   We Won - Again!!! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/47014-we-won-again.html)

Diana Kulaga 10-11-2003 10:42 PM

We Won - Again!!!

Victory is indeed sweet! Port St. Lucie O/S won another First Place for our
display at the Brevard County O/S Show over the weekend. Last month we took
first in Fort Pierce.

We placed 43 plants in the display, and walked out with 32 ribbons,
including a Best in Show for a Specimen - a gorgeous Bc. Maikai Louise. I
was concerned that we wouldn't have enough plants, so I took five that I
didn't really think were ribbon worthy. They took three firsts and two
seconds!

Display photo at abpo in 60 seconds. Individuals tomorrow.

All this for a society that never used to win nuttin'. Where's SuE? Sue,
you're right - it's *Fizz*!

Diana

Susan Erickson 10-11-2003 11:02 PM

We Won - Again!!!

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 22:35:18 GMT, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Victory is indeed sweet! Port St. Lucie O/S won another First Place for our
display at the Brevard County O/S Show over the weekend. Last month we took
first in Fort Pierce.

We placed 43 plants in the display, and walked out with 32 ribbons,
including a Best in Show for a Specimen - a gorgeous Bc. Maikai Louise. I
was concerned that we wouldn't have enough plants, so I took five that I
didn't really think were ribbon worthy. They took three firsts and two
seconds!

Display photo at abpo in 60 seconds. Individuals tomorrow.

All this for a society that never used to win nuttin'. Where's SuE? Sue,
you're right - it's *Fizz*!

Diana

CONGRATULATIONS!! G

I also noted the take what you have and display it well.
The judges opinion and yours don't always agree.

I had to laugh the year I used Pot Little Toshie as a corner
filler. A Judge told me, I should have displayed it better. It
was the best plant in my exhibit.

Congrats to you and all the rest from Port St. Lucie O/S.
Good Growing and good work in the display.

SuE

Diana Kulaga 10-11-2003 11:22 PM

We Won - Again!!!

Thanks, Sue! The group hugs were incredible ;-).

Isn't that a coincidence - Little Toshie was one of mine that came home with
a ribbon. Just a small plant with three smiling faces, and lasted long
enough to go to the show. You're right - our opinions rarely are in sync
with the judges. If we think it's fabulous, they stomp on it. If we give
it a yawn, they love it. Must be us!

Diana