Old 22-11-2003, 04:02 AM
mg

Default Den superbum help?

Den. superbum had one fat active growth with leaves going up it and a
few back bulbs. Then all the leaves turned yellow and fell off and I
thought, great, killed another one. But I kept it around and kept
watering it and lo and behold, it started growing something out of the
top of what used to be the active growth. I figured it was a keiki, but
no, it is a spike.

Is this normal behavior for this Den.? What do I need to do to bring
this spike to a happy conclusion while keeping the plant alive for
another season?

Old 23-11-2003, 07:02 PM
K Barrett

http://www.sdorchids.com/den_anos_article.htm

Try this article by Yin-Tung Wang. IIRC it covers the basics.

K Barrett

Old 23-11-2003, 09:23 PM
Wendy

A great culture article K, they call for "chunky peat" in the potting mix?
Anybody know where to get this special chunky peat?
--
Cheers Wendy
Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Old 24-11-2003, 02:32 AM
V_coerulea

Try using coconut husk chunks. They last longer and don't plug up the mix.
Get the medium or large size for larger plants and for any that want a fast
drain but don't like to dry out.
Gary