Old 01-12-2003, 11:12 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default Angcm. sesquipedale

How does one bloom this sucker? A few months ago I moved it out into more
sun, with the Vandas. Leaf color is appropriate, roots are incredible, over
all a very sturdy plant. It's in a CHC mix and is growing 2 pups. Big
plant; was originally a pup from a larger specimen (that was a couple of
years ago).

I want a flower, not a salad! What more does it need?

Diana

Old 01-12-2003, 11:22 PM
Diana Kulaga

Oh, yes: I forgot to mention that I'd had it growing in lower light,
because that's what the culture seemed to call for. It was awfully green,
so I moved it out. It's growing even faster than before.

DK

Old 02-12-2003, 02:22 AM
V_coerulea

My experience is that it should be in good catt light, the color should be
medium green with a greyish overcast. I grow it in a large clay pot with
chunks of charcoal, bark and cork none less than 2" diameter for a 2 1/2'
tall plant. Appropriate downsizing for smaller plants is in order but light,
water and fertilizer seem to be equivalent.
Gary

k.net...

Old 02-12-2003, 03:42 AM
Edmond Cormier

Angcm. sesquipedale: The Star of Bethleem. Bloomed last year for Jan. 06 to
guide the Magi. Will bloom again this year at about the same time. I grow it
in the shade, quite cool, and humid in a basket.
Ed Cormier

Old 02-12-2003, 01:22 PM
Reka

Shade where? Shade in Alaska and shade in Florida are two different things,
for example!
--
Reka
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
"Edmond Cormier" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Angcm. sesquipedale: The Star of Bethleem. Bloomed last year for Jan. 06

guide the Magi. Will bloom again this year at about the same time. I grow

it
in the shade, quite cool, and humid in a basket.
Ed Cormier
"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
k.net...
Oh, yes: I forgot to mention that I'd had it growing in lower light,
because that's what the culture seemed to call for. It was awfully

green,
so I moved it out. It's growing even faster than before.

DK

---

Old 02-12-2003, 09:42 PM
Diana Kulaga

Alrighty, then! We've got grow it bright and grow it shady. But, hey if
it's working for each of you then it must be right for your conditions. I'm
in Florida, and the folks I know here who successfully grow this plant all
grow the way I do: outside under screening.

Thanks for the tips. Maybe the cool nights we are currently experiencing
will give it an incentive to spike.

Diana

Angcm didieri v_coerulea Orchid Photos 0 10-06-2008 01:13 PM
Angcm. Veitchii Wendy7 Orchid Photos 0 18-02-2008 02:27 AM
My stud plant Angcm. distichum Wendy7 Orchid Photos 9 17-10-2007 03:23 AM
My tradeoff - Angcm Veitchii Wendy7 Orchid Photos 2 19-03-2007 06:47 PM
Angraecum sesquipedale question Pete Orchids 5 09-03-2003 02:00 AM