Old 03-12-2003, 01:22 AM
Claude

Default 2 lazy spikes!

Hello everyone!

Last October, I bought a Phal. Ambonosa which had 2 spikes.

When at home, I decided to put it in s/h since all my Phal are in s/h
culture.
Ever since, no sign of spike growing ! I can see that the roots are growint
in the pot but the spikes seems to be frozen in time!

The spikes look healthy, nicely green.

Is there a way to get those spike to grow again beside beeing more patient?

Thanks

Claude

Old 03-12-2003, 02:12 AM
J Fortuna

Claude,

While this archived post (by Al) does not provide the solution you are
seeking, I found it quite informative on the subject of why a Phal spike
might be stalled:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...lm=91gm1n%24pm
c%241%40bob.news.rcn.net

Joanna (who loves reading the archives of this group for all the informative
posts, humorous anecdotes, and a few vicious but entertaining flame wars)

Old 03-12-2003, 02:12 AM
J Fortuna

Another attempt at posting the link to the archived message (if this does
not work, just copy the text into a browser's URL bar:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...elm=91gm1n%24p
mc%241%40bob.news.rcn.net

Old 03-12-2003, 11:12 AM
Ray

It's probably just waiting to get really well established.

I had a similar situation with an amboinensis - usually only has 2 or 3
flowers at a time / was moved into S-H from the ProMix it came in / didn't
bloom for a year and only grew one leaf / now it blooms regularly with about
3-4-5 blossoms per spike.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"Claude" wrote in message
Hello everyone!

Last October, I bought a Phal. Ambonosa which had 2 spikes.

When at home, I decided to put it in s/h since all my Phal are in s/h
culture.
Ever since, no sign of spike growing ! I can see that the roots are

growint
in the pot but the spikes seems to be frozen in time!

The spikes look healthy, nicely green.

Is there a way to get those spike to grow again beside beeing more

patient?

Thanks

Claude

white conical spikes on tomato plants Salty Thumb Gardening 5 17-06-2003 03:08 PM
Spinach spikes will United Kingdom 14 05-06-2003 09:19 AM
Miracle Grow Plant Spikes tinman Freshwater Aquaria Plants 7 20-04-2003 06:25 AM
Anyone ever use Miracle-grow spikes? Jerry Lawns 0 30-03-2003 05:20 PM
Miracle Grow Plant Spikes Rich Conley Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 27-03-2003 12:44 AM