Old 03-12-2003, 04:32 PM
Bacchae

Default Renanthera monachica root question

I have a teeny tiny Renanthera monachica that is in a teeny
tiny little pot. I don't think it is happy.

I was advised by the person I purchased it from that when it
grew up a bit more it would more likely prefer a slat basket
but it was too little just now.

I accidentally dumped it over yesterday and noticed that the
roots below the surface of the loose medium were all brown and
icky looking whereas the one above the medium was shiny thick
and healthy.

Should I move it to the little plastic mesh basket I bought for
it for when it was supposed to be a bit bigger?

I suppose my answer to myself is "yes" but I have never had a
mesh basket or slat basket orchid before. I'm just a little
afraid that I'll overpot it in medium and continue to rot the
roots. I can't find much in the way of culture information for
it otherwise.

Any suggestions?

- Sandy

Renanthera monachica Roy[_2_] Orchid Photos 1 04-04-2007 06:39 AM
Renanthera monachica X 2 P Max Orchid Photos 0 14-12-2006 01:56 PM
Renanthera monachica bobc Orchids 2 17-02-2006 02:49 PM
Renanthera monachica help desperately needed Bacchae Orchids 15 14-03-2004 03:19 AM
Renanthera monachica root question Bacchae Orchids 6 05-12-2003 08:12 AM