Old 11-12-2003, 03:12 PM
Traveler

Default Pronunciation of Ceologyne

Hi all

I am a new poster to this list.

In answer to the above question:

cee-law-ji-nee (as per Alex D. Hawkes in his Encyclopedia of
Cultivated Orchids, this book has a list of phonetic pronunciations
for many other orchids and their hybrids as well)

Another one I have found common in the USA is like this:

koh-law-gi-nee

Hope this helps

LT
Old 11-12-2003, 05:09 PM
Al

I have always heard it pronounced 'sell-LAH-jenny'

"The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Orchids" by Alec Pridgeon offers two
pronunciations:
see-lo-GUY-nee and see-LODGE-eh-nee

Whatever, say it with confidence and if anybody corrects you implement dirty
look #384b or #384c (if you can't make your upper lip do that weird jerking
thing).

"Traveler" wrote in message
Hi all

I am a new poster to this list.

In answer to the above question:

cee-law-ji-nee (as per Alex D. Hawkes in his Encyclopedia of
Cultivated Orchids, this book has a list of phonetic pronunciations
for many other orchids and their hybrids as well)

Another one I have found common in the USA is like this:

koh-law-gi-nee

Hope this helps

LT

What's the correct pronunciation of "Cecil Brunner"? Gail Futoran Roses 3 03-06-2009 06:20 AM
Pronunciation Farm1 United Kingdom 73 09-12-2006 07:21 PM
Pronunciation Bob United Kingdom 23 13-12-2002 08:37 PM