Old 14-12-2003, 12:47 AM
Kenni Judd

Default This Orchid Stinks - PS

If you're only getting the smell at night, this seems unlikely, but is there
any chance that what you're smelling is rotting bark in the potting mix?

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
"Kenni Judd" wrote in message
. ..
We've grown and sold a lot of Little Stars. Most people love the

fragrance.
It's a bit too sweet/overpowering for my own personal taste, but I've

never
heard anyone compare the scent to garbage before ...

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
link.net...
I have a beautiful B. Little Stars (nodosa x cordata) that has about 20
flowers on it. At night it smells like pungent rotting garbage.

Somehow I expected it to smell nice. Anyone else have this cross? Is

mine
unique or is this how it's supposed to smell.

BTW....it's quite beautiful but just stinks.

Good Growing,
Gene