Old 19-12-2003, 09:12 PM
Shell

Default Catasetum Rebecca Northen 'Grapefruit Pink'

I've just recieved a Catasetum Rebecca Northen 'Grapefruit Pink' and it has
a small flower spike on it. How do I make sure it blooms? Anything special
it needs like fertiliser or special lighting?

Shell

Old 19-12-2003, 09:43 PM
Shell

Well the tag says 'Pink Fragrance' not 'Grapefruit Pink' like the order
said. It has 9 buds that are about 3mm across for the largest ones.

Shell

. com...

Old 20-12-2003, 07:44 AM
profpam

Shell,

When my catasetums display a spike, I take them inside and place in a
sunny window. A drastic temperature difference may cause bud drop.
Normal range is usually 60 to 80 for most catasetums. I would not apply
a fertilizer right now and would assume that the place from which you
received the plant did so to get it to spike.

.. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html

Old 20-12-2003, 04:02 PM
Shell

Thanks It's in a nice warm bright spot on my plant table in my dining
room I grow inside since I don't go outside much (not with snakes in the
yard)

Shell

Old 20-12-2003, 05:13 PM
Wendy

Snakes? Yikes!!!! Where do you live Shell? I would be paranoid, scared stiff
of the things!
--
Cheers Wendy
Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Old 20-12-2003, 09:37 PM
Shell

I'm in Houston Texas with a creek right behind my house I've seen big
snakes, little snakes, black, brown, pinkish, bright green, pea green, and
what I think was a garter snake (it was going up a tree) I stay inside
unless I know its too cold for the critters

Shell

Old 21-12-2003, 12:02 AM
profpam

Hi, Shell,

We have snakes out here in Calimesa, CA too. Once I started to pick-up
what I thought was a thin rope -- bad eyesight and no lens that day --
when suddenly I screamed and my boys came to my rescue. I, too, am
terrified of snakes. In addition, I once stuck my hand into a golf flag
hole to pull out my pink Flying Lady when I found a snake in there with
one of the same colors. Oh, they are terrifying critters!

Old 21-12-2003, 02:12 AM
Shell

A friend of mine when I was a kid was racing another girl to pick up the
"brown piece of paper" in their yard. Turned out to be a rattle snake which
bit her when she picked it up. Naturally no parents were home. Fortunately
her little brother as quick enough to call an ambulance which got there in
just minutes. We were on the base at the Air Force Academy so we had better
than usual response times

Shell

Shell wrote:

I've just recieved a Catasetum Rebecca Northen 'Grapefruit Pink'

and
it
has
a small flower spike on it. How do I make sure it blooms?

Anything
special
it needs like fertiliser or special lighting?

Shell

Clowesia Rebecca Northern 'Pink Grapefruit' Frank H. Kirchner Orchids 5 01-11-2007 04:54 PM
Memorial for Rebecca Northen nojunk@this_address.com (Mike Pearson Orchids 0 23-05-2004 08:19 AM
RIP Rebecca Northen K Barrett Orchids 3 16-05-2004 12:05 AM
Rebecca Northen orchids Clare Sleeter Orchids 3 11-05-2004 02:07 AM
Cycnoches & Catasetum Culture Gene Schurg Orchids 10 04-07-2003 05:32 AM