GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   South window (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/48966-south-window.html)

The Enigma 21-12-2003 03:04 PM

South window

I got my Phal in the Southern window is that ok? A slightly yellow ring has
started to form around the rim of the highest left is this normal? In the
southern window it is getting some direct sunlight is that the problem? If
so should I just back it up so it not so close the window?

Thanks
Chris

The Enigma 22-12-2003 08:32 PM

South window

Didn't mean to post twice sorry

-Chris

Bob Walsh 23-12-2003 04:42 AM

South window

Chris,

One rule of thumb you can use is that if the leaves are warm to the touch
when the sun shines in move them back from the window. Especially with
Phals.

In moving them back to the window do it a bit at a time over several days
starting maybe 4 feet from the window and gradually move them closer till
they just start getting warm, then stop.

Bob

.com...