Old 30-12-2003, 02:32 PM
boochap

Default Phal spike stop growing?

i have a phal in my office, about 2~3month ago a new spike started to grow
from the old one which was cut back by myself more than 3months ago.

This was followed by a second new spike about a month ago. But i notice that
both the new spikes seem to have stopped growing longer after extending
about 4~5cm from the old spike. There is sign of drying out at the
tips...but is this normal?

if not, how cold i rectify this? how long typically does it take for the
spike to grow to flowering?

Appreciate the advise...thanks!!

Old 30-12-2003, 03:02 PM
Claude

Hello!

It happened to me last year!
I have a DTPS which was growing a spike then stopped. The spike was green
and looking healthy! I think it suffered a thermal shock because it was too
close to the window.
It took 6 months to the spike to restart growing.

If the spike is still green, don`t touch it, be patient, it will grow back

Claude

Old 30-12-2003, 05:32 PM
Ray

That's usually an indication that something in the cultural conditions has
turned less-favorable. Try analyzing that a bit, and you'll probably figure
it out for yourself.