Old 06-01-2004, 10:23 PM
K Barrett

Default RGO going down the drain?

"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
[snip]
Down near the
bottom (31,32,36,38) are the spam posts we got hit with.
So much for Orchids.

SuE

HA! Hilarious!! And I was about to say that I thought that this place was
still one of the best for orchid info.... hehe!

K Barrett

Old 06-01-2004, 10:25 PM
K Barrett

What a trip.

I noticed we've been posting less. Or maybe I should speak for myself. I
used to partake in the Q&A much more than I am this year. Not sure why I'm
doing that. Usually someone else beats me to the punch, I guess.

Anyway, lurkers come out come out where ever you are!

K Barrett

"Reka" wrote in message
news
Got this site from another NG. Apparently, we are losing ground. In a
few
years, no one will be posting here but us old-timers... ;-)

http://netscan.research.microsoft.co...mespan=y&searc
hfor=rec.gardens.orchids&searchdate=11%2F30%2F2003

ABPO looks better, only the length of posts has been reduced(have we

finally
convinced everyone to post smaller pics???).

http://netscan.research.microsoft.co...mespan=y&searc
hfor=alt.binaries.pictures.orchids&searchdate=11%2 F30%2F2003
--
Reka

I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

---

Old 06-01-2004, 11:13 PM
Susan Erickson

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 21:47:03 GMT, "K Barrett"
wrote:

What a trip.

I noticed we've been posting less. Or maybe I should speak for myself. I
used to partake in the Q&A much more than I am this year. Not sure why I'm
doing that. Usually someone else beats me to the punch, I guess.

Anyway, lurkers come out come out where ever you are!

K Barrett

The other thing you have to do is add your old address with your
new one. I did not look for Peterpan... it was Wendy7 that was
1. As SuE I am 5 but as erickso_s I was down around 16.. So who
knows what the average is.

SuE
Old 07-01-2004, 12:19 AM
J Fortuna

Wendy,
You will have to post more in order to retain this status though. If you
look at just the last quarter's posts instead of the entire year, Wendy has
lost some ground:

whole year in rgo:
1
2

3

4 "Ray @ First Rays Orchids"

last quarter only in rgo:
1

2

3

4

5

6

7

So as you can see, you will have to post more Wendy :-)

Joanna

"Wendy" wrote in message
Ahhh! Gosh! blush Thanks Reka.
Who d'thunk? If this is true, it's only because of my Plantar fasciitis

sp?
I rest at my computer after taking photos & also have done more reading
in the last 10 years than in my whole life!
I am off to check out your urls & 3 cheers for Mark Twain! *g*
--
Cheers Wendy
Remove PETERPAN for email reply

"Reka" wrote in message
P.S. Wendy is the most prolific poster if you combine both groups,

taking
first place in ABPO and second in RGO! Wo-o-o-o, Wendy!
--

http://netscan.research.microsoft.co...11%2F30%2F2003

Old 07-01-2004, 12:34 AM
J Fortuna

Yes, I noticed that too. So maybe the statistics about the number of people
going down by so and so much is not accurate either. What if rgo lost a few
people who were using multiple email addresses?

Joanna

Old 07-01-2004, 06:12 AM
Wendy

Is it just me or does anyone else get a headache studying all that data?
Has anyone clicked on the "Profile" ? It displays all the news groups you
have looked at or joined? There are a couple under my addy that I know I
have not joined?
Weird, no wonder I am getting so much spam.

Old 07-01-2004, 06:12 AM
Reka

Check Google groups for RGO, then search for your e-mail address. Sort the
posts by date and go to the last page. I didn't know either, I had to look!
--
Reka

I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

"Diana Kulaga" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
link.net...
About to check out your links. Wow! You know when you delurked? To the
day? I think I've been here about three years, but not entirely sure.

We do get new people all the time though, which is good.

Diana

"Reka" wrote in message
Thanks for the good wishes, SuE! Back then I was posting under
still.
We are a wonderful group, aren't we?
--
Reka (legs aching from skiing today!!)

I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

"Susan Erickson" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:48:15 +0100, "Reka"
wrote:

I am setting a record for responding to my own posts, but this site

got
me
curious, and I searched Google groups. Blush Today is

coincidentally
the
sixth anniversary of my de-lurking on RGO!
Happy anniversary to me!

Happy Anniversary.
I also got a kick out of your first listing. Down near the

Old 07-01-2004, 06:33 AM
Reka

"J Fortuna" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Yes, I noticed that too. So maybe the statistics about the number of

people
going down by so and so much is not accurate either. What if rgo lost a

few
people who were using multiple email addresses?

But I don't think it's a matter of using multiples, more of
change-of-address type of thing, Joanna. I changed ISP and had to get a new
addy.

Old 07-01-2004, 07:02 AM
Susan Erickson

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 00:15:35 GMT, "J Fortuna"
wrote:

Wendy,
You will have to post more in order to retain this status though. If you
look at just the last quarter's posts instead of the entire year, Wendy has
lost some ground:

whole year in rgo:
1
2

3

4 "Ray @ First Rays Orchids"

last quarter only in rgo:
1

2

3

4

5

6

7

So as you can see, you will have to post more Wendy :-)

Joanna

Joanna - Did you check for her Peterpan address? She has been
using it the most lately. It may not have caught up with the
Wendy7, but it should be there.

SuE

Old 07-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Ray

I won't claim a headache, but as far as I'm concerned, if it's still around,
I'll be here.

.. . . . . . . . . . .

Old 07-01-2004, 01:07 PM
Reka

"Wendy" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Is it just me or does anyone else get a headache studying all that data?
Has anyone clicked on the "Profile" ? It displays all the news groups you
have looked at or joined? There are a couple under my addy that I know I
have not joined?
Weird, no wonder I am getting so much spam.

Wendy, at least be glad that no porno groups appear! Probably someone
cross-posted to those groups and you replied.

Old 07-01-2004, 01:38 PM
J Fortuna

Oh, ok. Still amounts to multiple addresses over a period of a year. So the
statistic "so-and-so many people used this group during this year" is
inaccurate. And if out of some reason rgo members were to stabilize their
email addresses as a general trend, the statistic might show a decline in
membership of the group when comparing on a yearly basis.

But I also am getting a headache from this statistics site. It was fun
finding out about it. Thank you. But now I will go look at my orchids
instead :-)

Joanna

Old 07-01-2004, 10:37 PM
Diana Kulaga

Me too, Ray. I enjoy this group, and all in it.

Diana

"Ray" wrote in message
I won't claim a headache, but as far as I'm concerned, if it's still

around,
I'll be here.

"Reka" wrote in message
[...]

[IBC] going no mail...going HOME! alicia-dr-hankins Bonsai 0 24-05-2004 03:05 PM
Re. RGO going down the drain. RetiredCBK Orchids 0 16-01-2004 04:05 AM
RGO going down the drain? Attn KYE Wendy Orchids 5 12-01-2004 10:08 PM
RGO going down the drain? Reka Orchids 1 06-01-2004 05:47 PM
RGO going down the drain? Reka Orchids 3 06-01-2004 05:45 PM