GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   a while ago (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/49908-while-ago.html)

Pat Watson 08-01-2004 03:17 AM

a while ago

I haven't visited the site for a couple of years (nothing to do with lack of
interest in orchids - just have been so busy with mad family things. What
happened to the man who had cancer I can't remember his name but I know lots
of people argued with him- just interested to know

Dewitt 08-01-2004 05:02 AM

a while ago

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 03:07:55 -0000, "Pat Watson"
wrote:

I haven't visited the site for a couple of years (nothing to do with lack of
interest in orchids - just have been so busy with mad family things. What
happened to the man who had cancer I can't remember his name but I know lots
of people argued with him- just interested to know

I believe you're referring to Rod Venger. His site is
http://www.vengers.com/ but they are currently going out of business.
Last I heard, he was doing well but had moved on to other interest.

deg

Ray 08-01-2004 11:12 AM

a while ago

I believe out of business is the word on Vengers, although the site is still
up.

I emailed he and Susan a couple of months ago and got no response...

.. . . . . . . . . . .

ARIET B 08-01-2004 09:08 PM

a while ago

Rod Venger had a serious cancer episode, and one result was some facial
disfigurement. Eventually he became more interested in fostering a
support-group for people in this predicament, and that seems to have occupied
his energy since. I would venture a guess that Susan found managing the
business without Rod's major interest a bit too much, hence the recent closing.

Susan Erickson 09-01-2004 06:13 AM

a while ago

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 21:53:51 GMT, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

I believe that they also lost a son.

Diana

I remember some comment about raising their
grandchild/grandchildren? Anyway orchids slipped to hobby as
life took over the time.

I keep hopping Rod and Susan will come up for a Denver Orchid
Show and stop by.
SuE