GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Big Black Spot (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/50033-big-black-spot.html)

Shell 10-01-2004 09:13 PM

Big Black Spot

Help, there is a large black spot on one of the leaves of my Gram.
speciosum. It just sort of popped up and is the size of a quarter. I am
going to cut the leaf off, what else should I do? And is there any fungal
treatment that does not involve chemicals? Thanks for any help.

Shell

tbell 10-01-2004 09:43 PM

Big Black Spot

Cinnamon on the cut edge is always a good idea. I'm also a big fan of
Physan, which is, of course, a "chemical," in the sense that it's man-made.
Tom
Walnut Creek, CA, USA
(To reply by e-mail, remove APPENDIX)

Diana Kulaga 10-01-2004 11:03 PM

Big Black Spot

Shell,

(Elmer's) or use alcohol/cinnamon. Good luck and don't worry. We all get
spots! And while you're at First Ray's, buy something. Works every time.

www.firstrays.com

Diana

Shell 11-01-2004 03:43 AM

Big Black Spot

I'm trying the alcohol/cinnamon. I want to stay away from really toxic
fungicides and such since they have fumes that set off my asthma. Hope it
works :)

Shell

k.net...